Breaking News
Loading...

Valerie Concepcion on PNoy's Partying in the Midst of Tragedy: 'I Don't See Anything Wrong With That'




Valerie Concepcion is on the hot seat after tweeting last Sunday that President Noynoy Aquino is having a great time during the Presidential Security Group's (PSG) Christmas party where she was invited to perform.

Valerie Concepcion

Here is Valerie Concepcion's tweet after her performance:

“Done w/ work.. Tnx for having me.. It was nice to see Pres. P-Noy laughing at my jokes & enjoying my performance..ü #Malacañang #PSGNight”



The said tweet ignited violent reactions from netizens who criticized the President for the "inappropriate" act in the midst of the tragedy in Mindanao that claimed more than 500 lives.

Valerie deleted the controversial tweet and posted a new message in defense of the President:

“I do not see anything wrong with that since its his obligation and responsibility being the head of Malacañang to be present and show his support for his hardworking employees and their respective families. But I believe that it doesn’t mean that the president is not thinking of ways to help our kababayan(s) in Mindanao. It doesn’t mean that the president is disregarding the plight of our fellow Filipinos”



On her next tweet, the actress appealed to the people not to judge the President. She also apologized for the people who got offended by her previous message:

“Let’s not be too quick to judge. But if I, in any way, offended you guys and sounded insensitive, I am very sorry. It wasn’t my intention to do either. I can’t imagine how difficult life is for the people affected in Mindanao and how difficult it is to be the president of the Philippines at this moment. Once again, I am very sorry for all those people I have offended. May God bless us all”



Meanwhile, Presidential Communication Development and Strategic Planning Office (PCDSPO) head Ricky Carandang said on Monday that “the President dropped by the PSG party for a few minutes.”

He added that the PSG Christmas party was supposed to be cancelled because of the situation in Mindanao but they decided to push through with the party because their relatives from the province already traveled to Manila just to attend.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Pinoy Power All Right Reserved