Breaking News
Loading...

Jessica Sanchez Advances to Top 3 of American Idol




Jessica Sanchez is now the last woman standing on American Idol following the elimination of Hollie Cavanagh on Thursday night (Friday morning in Manila).



During the American Idol 11 Top 4 results show, Jessica Sanchez became the last girl remaining on the reality singing competition keeping the hopes that a female winner will emerge this year after 5 years of male domination.

70 million votes were cast yesterday, season 11's highest, with Hollie Cavanagh getting the lowest among the four finalists.

Jimmy Iovine commented that he didn’t love Jessica's first song yesterday--"Steal Away"--finding it more impersonation than artistic expression. However, he thought she killed the second--"And I Am Telling You (I'm Not Going)"--which Jessica received another standing ovation from the judges. Jimmy also dropped a great review from Tommy Mattola, who thinks the 16-year-old Fil-Mexican is the "real deal."

By making it to the show's Final 3, Jessica is homeward bound this weekend to film her homecoming video where she will also find out the songs that the judges (one of them actually, hope it's Randy) and Jimmy Iovine have chosen for her.

“I’m excited to see my friends and family and I want to visit Eastlake Middle School. I love my fans in San Diego so much. I want to give them all kisses!” she said.

Photo Credit: www.americanidol.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Pinoy Power All Right Reserved