Breaking News
Loading...

Fe Del Mundo, First National Scientist, Dead at 99






Dr. Fe Del Mundo, the country's first national scientist and dame of pediatrics, succumbed to heart attack early morning Saturday. She was 99.

Del Mundo devoted her life and work to the cause of maternal and child health. She established the Children's Memorial Hospital in 1957 which is now known as the Dr. Fe Del Mundo Medical Foundation.

Del Mundo is also the first Filipina national scientist, most recognized for her invention – a makeshift incubator made of bamboo which was used in rural areas without electricity.

Her remains now lies at the conference hall of the Dr. Fe del Mundo Medical Center Foundation in Quezon City and will be brought to the Santo Domingo Church on Wednesday, August 10.

Her burial is scheduled on Thursday, August 11, at the Libingan ng mga Bayani in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

Image courtesy of ABS-CBNNews.com

2 comments :

  1. Some 35 years ago, my 2-month old son was brought to the Children's Memorial Hospital and was on a 50-50 condition. Dr. del Mundo attended to my son for more than a week and thru her kind assistance my son recovered. He is now a family man living in California. Rest in Peace, Doktora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe my life to Dr.Fe del Mundo, who saved me from near death, being a premature baby.

    She gave me my nickname, when she noticed my cheeks turning pink as a sign of recovery.

    Thank you Doktora! Rest in Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Pinoy Power All Right Reserved