Breaking News
Loading...

Pinay Catherine Lingal's Single 'My Destiny' Hits No. 10 in UK Music Charts




One of the singers currently gaining popularity in the United Kingdom is a nineteen-year-old Filipina, and her name is Kcat.

Kcat or Catherine Lingal in real life is now soaring high as her single entitled "My Destiny" hit the British charts by storming in at No. 10.

(4 Minutes by Madonna and Justin Timberlake is at No. 1)


"It did really well. I'm very blessed to be in this position and I'm very happy," Kcat said.

On BBC Radio 1's Official CHART SHOW with Fearne & Reggie last Sunday May 11th, Kcat's "My Destiny" ranked number 10 from its rank last week at number 13.

"My Destiny" according to Kcat has more to do with love- finding the one and finding your destiny.

"This has also to do with personal experience. For the moment I'm single, but I have songs that are not personally based on personal experiences," she said.

Kcat in the Philippines

Kcat is currently in the Philippines to promote her CD, and to have a short vacation.

She thanked fellow Filipinos who supported her here and in the UK.

"The Philippines had been very supportive and my family. Filipinos in England are very supportive as well, and everywhere I go I'm well talked of because of my heritage and that makes me a proud Filipina as well," she said.

Kcat is not only a singer, she is also a songwriter and a producer.

She charmed audiences at the young age of 13, and always won local talent contests. She also became popular in the Filipino community in the United Kingdom.

She delivered ballads with ease during festivals, beauty pageants and other singing competitions.

"I love ballads but Tina Turner, I consider her my bestfriend. I tried to imitate her voice," she said.

At 17, she won the inter-college talent competition, a contest won previously by English singers-songwriters Daniel and Natasha Beddingfield.

Her family always supported her dreams. "It's my sister that tells me that I have the voice to sing and from then I started to join contests and meeting producers," she said

Kcat has already performed in London venues which includes Alexandra Palace and Jazz Café.


Kcat's experiences, both positive and negative, have helped her grow as a person.

She is practicing positivity -- drawing out positive things that would come out from every situation. From this practice, she is also helping herself as a songwriter.

"It is actually the motivation, the hunger and determination you need to become successful," she said.

Kcat was performing at a bar in Camden when the MINDSET management asked her to record for them.

From then on KCat has been very busy touring all over Britain. She is also enjoying extensive airplay on BBC Radio 1xtra, Choice FM and Galaxy FM.

Kcat enjoys this year with the success of her song "My Destiny" as featured in the album of "Delinquent", a duo of dance producers.

"Delinquent" consists of Mike Panteli and Philip Omo, two of UK's young dance producers. "Delinquent" was formed in 1999.

The duo burst onto the music world scene in a big way remixing for the likes of Jamelia (Bout), Mis-Teeq (Can't Get It Back/Style), Jaimeson (Take Control/Complete), Timbaland & Magoo (Cop That Disc) and Keisha White (What You Gonna Do).

Source: ABS-CBNNews.com


1 comments :

Copyright © 2013 Pinoy Power All Right Reserved