Breaking News
Loading...

Charice Performs 1st US Single on Oprah




International singing sensation Charice unveiled her first international single, “A Note to God,” on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Monday (US time), a performance that brought the popular American host to tears.

Like Winfrey, one of the world's most influential women, Charice herself was teary eyed as she belted out the last part of the song amid cheers and applause from the audience.

“A Note to God” was composed and written by Grammy Award-winning Diane Warren and produced by legendary David Foster.

Charice was accompanied by an orchestra and chorus as she performed her much-anticipated debut single. Foster, meantime, played the piano.

"I'm so nervous... this is really big for me. I sang my first song, my own song. And the people will say, ‘Oh, that is Charice's song,’" said the Filipino pint-sized singer, who became popular belting out Celine Dion and Whitney Houston hits.

Winfrey, Warren and Foster were very impressed by the singer. Winfrey could only utter “wow” after Charice’s performance while Warren described it as “amazing” and “beautiful.”

"Wow, you proved way beyond what I hoped for. That was an amazing performance. Beautiful,” Warren said.

As for Foster, the composer said: "In my world, this only happens two to three times probably in my lifetime. And I work with a lot of people. So, this is one of those two to three moments… she just sings so beautifully.”

The May 18 episode was the finale of Winfrey’s worldwide search for the "Most Talented Kids." It was also Charice’s third time to appear in the popular American talk show.

Since her first appearance last year, Charice said her life “changed a lot.”

"[My life] changed a lot because [a] movie [offer] came in. That was the first time... and that's my favorite movie, ‘Alvin & The Chipmunks,’" the singer said.

Charice will play as herself in the 20th Century Fox’s "Alvin and The Chipmunks 2," a live action-animation movie. It will be shown next year.

Meanwhile, Charice also shared that she wants to try jazz music. She also desires to meet Justin Timberlake, one of her idols.

Is she dating anyone? The 17-year-old singer said: "I'm not dating anyone but I do have a crush and he is Josh Groban."

Source: ABS-CBNNews.com


3 comments :

  1. m proud 2 b a filipino. we r d race who stands n withstands obstacles no matter how difficult n pervert they r. i salute charice 4 her talent n gift which makes every filipino feel prouder each moment. my prayer is that she'll stay humble n that she will hv success all her life as she trusts d ONE WHO gives her strenght n ability to perform. i will always tell d world that i m a filipino n my race is exceptional n gifted with God's many blessings. praise be 2 God. bravura philippines...viva filipino!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHarice is my #1 favorite singer and she is always made me cry everytime I watched and heard her singing. She is my Idol! For me, she is the best singer around the world. She is truly amazing, awesome and have magical vocal cord. She sings like an Angel to me. I hope the whole world agreed what I'd say and what I'd feel for her. She is always made my day when I am depressed and made me forgot all my problems in life. Thank U Lord for having Charice in our life.I love u Charice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLICK HERE
    GUYS,, LET'S ALL VOTE FOR CHARICE,, CLICK THAT LINK AND LET'S ALL VOTE FOR HER... PLS,, VOTE EVERYDAY,, SHE NEEDS OUR VOTE

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Pinoy Power All Right Reserved