Breaking News
Loading...

Charice Performs at Carousel of Hope Charity Event






International young diva Charice once again shone and received a standing ovation from an American audience as she recently performed for the Carousel of Hope gala at Beverly Hilton Hotel, in Los Angeles, California.


The event that aimed to raise funds for children with diabetes was attended by international celebrities and socialites.

In a short interview, Charice briefly said something about herself and the country where she came from.

"I came from the Philippines and I'm 16 now. I started to sing when I was 4 and then I started to join singing contests when I was 7. Then Mr. David Foster (pointing to Mr. Foster) in YouTube he recommended me in Oprah and then Oprah recommended me to him, that's why I'm here," Charice said.

The young diva was accompanied by her mother Raquel Pempengco and David Foster.

Present during the event were celebrities who applauded Charice’ performance- Sidney Poitier, Denzel Washington, Nicole Ritchie and Quincy Jones.

Nicole Hilton, Raquel Welch, Sharon Stone, Bo Derek, Cris Tucker, Brook Shields and Charice's idol Whitney Houston were also present.

Charice also proved that aside from belting high notes she could also groove. For the special event Charice was considered the star of the night as she performed Michael Jackson’s hit “Billy Jean.”

The young singer also performed her renditions of "I Will Survive" and "And I'm Not Going."

Aside from Charice, stars like Jeniffer Hudson, Josh Groban and Barry Manilow also performed for the gala night.

Charice singing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going:"




Charice singing "I Will Survive":



Charice singing "Billie Jean":

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Pinoy Power All Right Reserved